Today my office held our very own Iron Chef nFusion: Battle Snack Rack and my good friend and coworker, Kat, and I won! It seems us gals had the “culinary cajones” to win. We had 15 minutes and only the contents of the snack rack to create as many delicious dishes and present them to the judges, our IT Director and our Interactive Director. The competition was fierce and we were all running crazy around the kitchen, some, like myself, barefoot because running on carpet in heels was way too dangerous. ;o) Kat and I planned for days (ie: conversations in passing and a few email exchanges) and decided to focus on flavor over flare. We had the perfect yin and yang of salty and sweet on our plate. I’m certain this was what won the judges over.
Below are our winning recipes for you to make on your next trip to the snack rack.
Crunchy Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
1 String Cheese
1 Tbsp Half & Half
2 Butter Crackers (Preferably those leftover from the tuna kits)
Salt and Pepper
- Crush your butter crackers to a fine crumble. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take your string cheese out of the plastic packaging. Coat it with the half and half and roll it in the crushed crackers. Be sure the cracker coat is embedded in the cheese.
- Broil in a toaster over for 3-5 minutes until brown. Serve warm.
1 Package Mini Oreo Cookies
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
5 Mini Hershey Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almonds Nuggets
- Open your pack of Oreos and arrange the pretty ones on a plate.
- Smear a bit of peanut butter on each cookie.
- Slice the banana into rounds and then quarter each round. Place a piece of banana on top of the peanut butter on each cookie.
- Melt the mini chocolates in the microwave for 1 minute. Then spoon the melted chocolate on each cookie until coated.
- Crush up some of your reject Oreos and sprinkle them on top.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.