ACL 2010 Recap
What a weekend! I enjoyed my second Austin City Limits Music Festival this past weekend and am now suffering from an ACL hangover. Non-stop for three days and I’m already planning for next year! Here are my favorites of the weekend.
- Trombone Shorty - This guy is one of the most amazing musicians I’ve ever seen! He also puts on a great show. The entire audience was crazy dancing for an hour straight. He closed the show with some New Orleans favorites while channeling Louis Armstrong.
- Muse - These guys are TRUE Rock Stars!
- Gogol Bordello - Such a fun show and great music. It was crazy!
- Gaslight Anthem - I hadn’t heard much from these guys before the show and really enjoyed them live.
- Norah Jones - I love her. I love her music. She and I should be friends.
- The Strokes - Always a favorite.
- Silversun Pickups - Powerful, beautiful.
Newly Discovered Bands:
- Bear in Heaven
- Beach House
Favorite Food Vendors:
- Snowie Snocones - Especially when spiked with contraband
- Lavaca St. Grill - Hatch Green Chili and Cheese Tater Tots
- Boomerang’s Pies - Southwest Chicken Pie
- The Salt Lick - Sausage Wrap, a tradition
- The most amazing weather Austin could offer! It was beautiful.
- My friend C coming up to me holding our dinner and stating “I got free sausage from a lesbian!” meant in the most literal way.
- The Honda booth having power strips so you could recharge your cell phone. The strips were powered by people volunteering to ride a stationary bike to generate energy.
- All mobile networks completely crashing on Friday for a couple hours. I got a slew of text messages all at once around 4PM. Service was spotty throughout the weekend.
- Sprawling in the grass in the middle of the festival listening to the Eagles and reflecting on the past three amazing days.
I can’t wait for next year!